Tuesday, September 11, 2007

* "Beat Me, Daddy-O"

It beats me how public television can consider itself educational sometimes. So I'm surfing by this "educational" show set in a bookstore—and stop because the bookstore person is talking about the fact that the Beat writers used to frequent the place. When the interviewer asks what "Beat" means, our literary expert explains, "It was called Beat poetry because it had a rhythm to it"!?!? (Yeh, sure; hit that bongo, man.) Jack Kerouac, that beatific hipster, must be rolling in his grave.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

(DOINK)
"I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by
madness,"
(DOINK)
"starving hysterical naked,"
(DOINK)
"dragging themselves through the negro streets at
dawn looking for an angry fix,"
(DOINK)
"angelheaded hipsters burning for the ancient
heavenly connection to the starry dynamo in the
machinery of night..."
(ETC.)

Wow, I'm really feeling the beat of this poetry man... It's almost like I don't even have to figure out what he's talking about!

Anonymous said...

Arcteryx Sale,z7ux78, Jordan 13 Playoffs,y2wb45, Canada Goose Sale,c0ij07, Arcteryx Jackets,w2fx26,

A Word from One of My Sponsors (not "AdSense"; rather "MadSense" or "RadSense"):

MeadowlarkSponsor